2.16.2009

Paint is like Duct Tape...

Again I've been ignoring my blog because of all the activity surrounding my recent move. Well, tomorrow is officially our final day in our town home and what a nightmare the cleaning process has been.

Seriously, where did we get so much shit? We found things we hadn't seen in over a year.

As I cleaned, I learned an important lesson. Paint is like duct tape, it can apparently fix anything.

As I was scrubbing the baseboards and counter tops, like a good resident would do before moving, I discovered that everything was actually getting dirtier as I scrubbed. How can this be you ask?

After looking at my sponge, I found the answer. Paint.

Apparently instead of cleaning the apartment when the previous resident(s) moved out it was actually easier to PAINT OVER THE DIRT! The more I scrubbed, the more paint I was actually removing from the cabinets, baseboards, counter tops (yes, they painted the counter tops) and grout. Off with the paint came the dirt from who knows how long ago.

I thought I may throw up. But, instead I continued to peel away at the layers and decided that our place is now cleaner than the day we moved in.

Let's just see how our checkout goes tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!