1.06.2009

i'd like to thank the academy

As anyone who knows me knows, I love receiving fabulous things. Gifts, compliments, all things wonderful, etc. Well, I've been under the weather the last few days and I received something that made me feel better. An award! My very first blog award.

Ooooo ahhh...isn't it amazing?!

Apparently in the world of blogging fellow bloggers can give out awards to other blogs they love. This 'Honest Scrap' award was presented to me by my lifelong pal Kim. (Thanks K!!)

Along with this award come a set of rules. By accepting this award I'm supposed to spill the beans on 10 honest details of my life (the good, bad or ugly) and then pass this along to other blogs that I'd like to honor.

Well, I think I can pull 10 facts out of my hat but as far as the passing of the award, I'm afraid the only blog I read is K's. So...if I find other friends that have blogs hiding in the shadows, I'll pass it along.

10. I am OBSESSED with Bravo. Terrible reality television, Real Housewives of anywhere, Top this and Runway that. I. Love. It. All. I've also convinced myself that if I meet any of the contestants we'd be best of friends in real life. Well, except that awful woman on the last season of Shear Genius.

9. I might have a shopping addiction. Okay, I do. A really bad one. Living by the most amazing mall in the world (according to moi) is very difficult and I hear the purses at Neiman Marcus calling my name every time I drive by. I feel like they are practically begging me to live in my closet.

8. In my rebel teenage years I was forbidden by my parents to get a tattoo or something really bad would happen (no idea now what that threat was). So what is the first thing I did when I moved away from home? Yep. Got my tat. Well, okay, not the first thing that I did but about a month and a half later.

Now I have two and one was even bought with book buy-back money.

(I can hear my mother's heart breaking as I type this)

7. As a child I had secretly hoped that Paula Abdul was my biological mother. I loved her and wanted to be just like her. (Thank goodness that didn't turn out to be true!...what a nut job!)

6. There is a good chance that I'm the only person I know that doesn't want children. Ever. (Even though everyone keeps trying to convince me that this is just a phase and once I become pregnant I will think it is the most amazing thing in the world). I think those people are crazy.

5. I'm completely addicted to my Blackberry. If given an ultimatum between anything and my Blackberry, the Blackberry would win every time.

4. Every morning I sing as loudly as possible in my car. It is like my own private concert on my commute. However, I'm not a fan when people laugh at me when they see me singing at stoplights.

3. I have met, loved and lost my soul mate. We also have matching tattoos (see #8).
(And it was not the one bought with buy-back money.)

2. Bi-weekly pedicures are a standard. Weekly in the summer. (Seriously, for a girl who wears flip flops year round it just can't be neglected)

1. I love dirty martinis. They might be my favorite thing. Ever. Blue cheese stuffed olives are must. (Fruity, frozen, umbrella wearing drinks can stay far, far away!!)

And apparently, when I drink them, I stick out my pinky finger like some snobby elitist.

(Or when I drink anything I do. K likes to point this out for me.)

Well, that's it. 10 things about me. They might not be Watergate quality but I'm sure as my blogging continues, people who don't know me will have a chance to learn more than they ever wanted to.


1 comment:

  1. Tracy - love the post! Congrats on your award. I haven't 'outgrown' the not wanting children either ;-) Dirty martinis (gin) are my fav, too, and blue-cheese stuff olives are to die for! xx Janna U.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!