1.04.2009

E's Birthday

2009 has started out with a bang, or at least a fitting finale to E's birthday month. (Birthday months are so much cooler than just one day)

Friday night a group of our friends joined us to help celebrate E's big 3-2. In my family, every birthday deserves a birthday dinner. So, following in the tradition E made his restaurant selection and as any good Kansan would choose, it included all you can eat meat. Yes, all you can eat. Our destination...Fogo de Chao.

Fogo de Chao is a traditional Brazilian churrascaria with a mile long salad bar and 15 different types of meats that are offered to guests in an almost speed dating fashion. Now, this concept sounds exciting, but I think now more than ever I'm confident my resolution of becoming a vegetarian will stick without fail. I mean, really, there is only so much dead carcass one can be around before the whole thing is just overwhelming and the only thing you can smell is steak.

Don't get me wrong the restaurant was amazing, but just make sure you aren't trying to eliminate meat from your daily diet. E was more than pleased with his experience...


I'm not sure he said no to any of the choices....Management says that each patron (on average) eats 2.5 lbs. of meat. E met his quota.


mmmm...Meat!

and his favorite...Key Lime Pie :)

The dinner was a great success and everyone walked (or waddled) away full. I'm not sure we'll need to eat for the next few days but E is already plotting his dinner for next year.

Happy Birthday E!! Now if we can just track down that Blackberry for you...

1 comment:

I love feedback! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!